meiker.io strives to collect as little information about you as possible. Account registration is not necessary for playing the games or using meiker to create games. If you wish to publish your game to the world, you need to create an account. We only collect your e-mail address and the reason is to be able to reach you if any issues arise, and in case you need to reset your password. We will never publish your email address. All games are moderated before release and there is no chatting or messaging feature.
We use third party ad networks which set cookies on your computer and collect basic data, such as your IP address, in order to serve targeted ads and keep the website free.
Publishing a Game
Your artwork remains your property even if uploaded and published on meiker.ioHowever, please be realistic and consider that other users might save images from your meiker and post them on other websites without attribution. We try to guide you but we are not responsible for what can happen to your work when spread to other websites. Include clear and realistic guidelines in your game descriptions. We recommend always including a watermark in your meiker. Remember: the only way to completely prevent copyright infringement is to never show it to anyone. Any other exposure comes with risk.
meiker.io reserves the right to suspend or delete user accounts at any time for any reason. Users who create accounts agree to:
- use common sense
- be kind and considerate
- communicate with meiker.io staff when necessary
- only upload content they are the copyright owners of
When you sign up for or use meiker.io you voluntarily share certain information including your handle (username), profile description (information about you), email address, uploaded games, snaps, comments, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share your device information through photos. We will still use your IP address, which is used to approximate your location, even if you don't choose to share your precise location. You will also have the option to share other information about yourself such as preferred language.
If you connect your Facebook, Google(opens in a new window) or other third-party accounts to meiker.io, we use information from those accounts (such as username, email or/and public avatar photo) to improve your meiker.io experience. This is dependent on the privacy policies or settings for those accounts.
We also get technical information when you use the meiker.io website. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data -- When you use the meiker.io website, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website
- Cookie data -- We also use “cookies” or similar technologies to get log data.
Transferring your information
meiker.io is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States.
Even if you specifically ask us to delete your personal information, we may be required to maintain your information for as long as necessary to:
- to exercise, establish or defend legal claims; and/or
- to protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on our service.
Your options about information
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you. To exercise these options, please visit your account (dashboard page) or contact-us by [email protected]
- Request access to the information we collect and hold about you.
- Have your information corrected or deleted.
- You can ask us to stop using your information.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization.
- Request more details about the information we collect and how and why we use and share it.